Sunday, June 26, 2011

Festival Day 7 (Saturday 6/25)

           Yesterday was the last day of the festival with a short day of seminars and the film awards and closing gala at night. We tried all week to get tickets to the gala but unfortunately, we were unsuccessful. The seminars ended early and we woke up so late that we weren’t sure if we could make any of them. Since it was lunch time when we woke up, we were starving. The paninis and sandwiches with ham and cheese are getting really old so we tried to think of something different to eat. Karly said she saw a sign for a McDonalds in Juan Les Pins so that sounded like an amazing American meal. We followed the signs to the McDonalds but ended up having to ask people along the way. I’m sure the French people got a laugh out of four American girls walking to find a McDonalds. Miles later, we see the flags with the yellow M on them. After celebrating we ordered some delicious meals and rested up for our long walk back. I was disappointed at the fact that they don’t give free refills here, but at least I got a McChicken and fries.
            When we got home I did some work for class and then started getting ready for the film awards! We all got dressed up which was really fun. What wasn’t really fun is that I got to Cannes and realized I had forgotten my invitation. Luckily, Bridget and Maggie were coming over on a later train so they could bring it to me. So I just stood by myself waiting outside the doors while Jenny saved me a seat in the auditorium. When I finally got into the grand auditorium, I kind of felt like it was the Grammy awards. It was so nice and I loved all the lights. I thought all of the winner’s commercials were really well done. My favorite was by BBDO Argentina for the non-alcoholic drinks category. It is called “Braids” and I just thought it was so funny and well executed.
            After the awards, we grabbed some dinner because we were all starving! Then, we caught the 10:40 train back to Juan Les Pins were we celebrated the end of an amazing festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment